Discussed this briefly in Discord, but moving the discussion here.
With the current boosted farms ending in 8-days and with the intention to add USDT this month, we need to think longer-term about how we want to use TRU to incentivize different lending pools.
- “Normal” TRU incentives for lending had been 145,467 TRU/day in the TUSD pool.
- Per the original allocation, we allocated 195,097,500 total TRU to lending pool incentives and estimated these would go for 1140 days (~3 years). This means our original expectations were that we’d distribute 171,138 TRU/day to lenders across all pools.
- The 2x’d currently ongoing rewards for the USDC and TUSD pool are 290,934/day per pool for a total of 581,868 TRU/day.
- If we stayed consistent at ~600,000 TRU/day, we’d only have incentives left for 270 days (ending March 7, 2022)
Points to Discuss:
- When we add USDT, wETH, and wBTC (which I think are the next three assets we will add), how will we incentivize them?
- How long do we want the lender incentives to last? I think another 1.5-2 years is probably conservative with longer preferred. As an example though, if we wanted lender incentives to run for another 2-years, we could only distribue 222,630 TRU/day across all pools. You can see the number of remaining TRU here allocated towards lender incentives here and play around with your own assumptions of TRU/day.
- This is probably the first compelling argument I’ve come across for not burning excess Uniswap incentive tokens, but instead reallocating them towards lender incentives to keep a large buffer.
No poll yet, this is purely discussion for now.