Based on the preliminary results of this poll, it seems like there is interest from the community in reducing the rate of TRU emissions.
It’s not clear exactly how emissions should be adjusted, so I wanted to put a proposal out there and get feedback from the community.
When I look at our current rate of emissions, two farms stand out as being potentially too high: the Uniswap Eth/TRU Pair (518,375 TRU/day) and the Balancer BAL/DAI/TRU Pool (377,000 per day). For both pools, the protocol may be over-paying compared with the value it is receiving. This can be seen in the very high APYs those two pools are receiving:
Is capital in those Uniswap and Balancer pools really worth 200-400% APY to the protocol? Likely not.
Thus, if there is community interest in reducing emissions, I would make the following proposal:
- Reduce Uniswap ETH/TRU Pair Emissions by 60% (this would bring it down to 207,350 TRU/day)
- Reduce Balancer BAL/DAI/TRU Pool Emissions by 70% (this would bring it down to 113,100 TRU/day)
- Decrease Uniswap TFI-LP/TUSD Pair Emissions by 5% (this would bring it down to 208,921 TRU/day)
- Leave TrueFi Lending Pool Emissions the same
- I agree with the proposal as stated
- I think a reduction makes sense but the proposal reduces the farms too much
- I think a reduction makes sense but I think the proposal doesn’t go far enough
- I don’t agree with reducing TRU emission at all
If the community agrees with the proposal as stated, we may be able to move forward with it promptly. If adjustments are needed, we can put together a revised proposal and take a community poll on it. Note that if the community does decide to proceed with this proposal, we can implement it, see the effects, and then discuss further adjustments from there.
Thank you for your participation and for working with us to build something great. What we have today is far from perfect, but we’re getting closer every day.