Revised Tokenomics and proposed token BURN

Thanks @ryan.rodenbaugh. I appreciate your comments and as I mentioned my post was just based on some number crunching I did myself to figure out what % of token-supply can be reduced without affecting company operation and at the same time increasing the investment value for TrueFi from a tokenomics perspective. I want to still strongly emphasize that a tokenmics model which significantly reduces or locks away the current share of Un-released tokens is absolutely essential for the longterm growth of TrueFi.

1. The current token model is definitely a legacy model, so I am glad you agree it needs retweaking to be attractive in the current market. I look forward to your comments and how you incorporate our feedback.

2. Community incentives need not be burned, I was just trying to find ways to reduce supply. A better way would be to use these based on community feedback. Also any unallocated community incentives should definitely not be reduced at all.

3. As for future team and company tokens, I commented on the SAFU post (Secure Asset Fund for Lenders (Similar to SAFU)) that if we allocated > 70% to the SAFU fund, I have no issues with these tokens being NOT BURNED, as they are still being used for insuring the current users and also locking away the TRU in a way. I was unsure of how much progress had been made from team’s end with regards to SAFU, and hence suggested to burn these instead, but I will not be opposed to using these for SAFU operations. Please keep in mind that this needs to be a significant chuck to make a dent in the SAFU fund.

Finally, I thank the team for considering the community feedback, but have to again insist that we need to bring the total token supply by a lot (atleast by 200-300 million), to make TrueFi attractive to incoming investors/users and reduce the sell pressure from newly released tokens.

I look forward to your post ryan :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes