grants committee and treasury management
First and foremost, I want to say how amazing the entire TrustToken/Trufi teams have been doing over the past few months. I have talked to some of my professors and they are incredibly interested and impressed at the credit and lending model that has been built. However, there is more that can be done, and that responsibility belongs to us, the community.
Status of treasury
- TrustExplorer - real-time audit
- Stop burning tru, instead invest it in the community
Needs Management, can’t be in strictly tru anymore
- Diversify assets into other defi platforms, with active governance to help TRUfi’s interests and build portfolio
The purpose of the diversification of the treasury will be three fold. One, hedging ourselves and predictable returns, building governance tokens in other projects to help push TruFi’s interests and asset suite, and encouraging community participation in governance
Trust Token * synthetix curve pools
sUSD * TUSD
You have to have at least 2500veCRV(the equivalent of 10000CRV locked for a year) to be able to create a new vote
sXAU TGOLD PAXG XAUT ?
- Governance and synths
- Listing Assets
- Shouldn’t take this long to get TUSD listed, we need more governance and voting power to push projects forward
- Treasury management
- High interest rates
- Listing assets
Below are a few examples of successful grants programs that other protocols have implemented. Check them out.
- Uniswap Interface
- ARC: Aave Community Grants Program - General - Aave
- Compound | Proposal Detail #40
The Spartan Council
- synthetix spartans are paid
Some of these grants programs sponsor data bounties for individual contributors. This helps individuals to become interested and actually contribute towards the protocol.
Data programs to pursue
- These dashboards, done by a TruFi team member are a perfect example of data programs worth pursuing.
- I have personally done some of these bounties and they have helped me develop my SQL skills, learn more about the protocol, and contribute to governance.
Some other grants committee responsibilities
Requests for proposals
- Public funding opportunities for development, paid in TRU
- Tally, Boardroom
- Research | Uniswap
- Economic impact of default
- Media, interviews, talks, clubhouse
- I think sponsoring Gabriel Haines would be a great idea for media and education
Trufi on gnosis safe
- App development
Grants/Treasury will use
5/5 Multisig Committee, using snapshot voting to gauge community [preference
1 lead, rotating, with timesheets and work records
Paid in Tru, PAID well.
200 Tru/Hr for all members of committee.
They can waive it if they please
I personally have an idea for a grant that I would like to pursue, so I will share it here.
My Idea for development -truforex lending
Forex (with trufi)
Current Base for “risk free rate”
USD has higher interest rates than most other currencies. We should encourage other Truecurrencies to be borrowed because of their lower interest rates. However, to do this, we would need to create liquidity. We can do this by Creating Liquid Curve Pools for forex, adding forex assets for lending and borrowing on compound, cream, aave, and others.
However, need voting power to achieve this, so it will be perfect for v4
We will do this by:
Governance through the community
Some potential lending options w/potential liquidity pairs
- -negative interest rates
sAUD * TAUD
- -near zero interest rates (LIBOR negative)
sCHF - XCHF
- Negative interest Rates
sKRW - BKRW
Current TrustToken Suite
- Pool management - Balancer
- Desperate for liquidity, starts at trufi
Poor Liquidity, little place to hedge
- UMA CDS/Forward Contracts