Ryan Rodenbaugh, Tyler Wallace
Decrease total LP emissions by 5% from 370,000 TRU/day to 350,000 TRU/day
- Decrease tfUSDT by 25,000 TRU/day to 100,000 TRU/day
- Increase tfTUSD by 5,000 TRU/day to 55,000 TRU/day
- No change to tfUSDC: emissions remain at 195,000 TRU/day
These changes will go into effect around 11:00 am PST on Thursday, July 29, 2021
Keeping with the cadence started on June 15, we’d like to reevaluate the LP TRU incentives every two weeks to (1) try and gradually decrease emission over time (2) target utilizations near 60-70% for each pool.
- Recent community sentiment has supported lower TRU reward emissions to lenders
- Utilization across TrueFi is currently at 72%, in line with our overall target utilization
- tfUSDT (47%) is well below target utilization → proposal would decrease tfUSDT incentives
- tfTUSD (96%) is well above target utilization → proposal would increase tfTUSD incentives
- tfUSDC (76%) is near target utilization → leave as is
- Interest rates across DeFi stablecoin markets remain low
- Adjusting emissions gradually based upon utilization rates help us test and build a sustainable, long-term model for TrueFi lender incentives
Note on upcoming tfTUSD migration
Within the next few weeks, we plan to upgrade the tfTUSD lending pool from its legacy v1 contract to a v2 pool contract.
As the tfTUSD migration occurs, TRU incentives should be split proportionally between legacy tfTUSD and new tfTUSD token holders such that rewards are distributed fairly between the legacy and new pools as the migration occurs. We will share more details on the proposed migration as the time nears.
For: You agree with bullets 1-3 above
Against: Keep current incentives as is