[Board Candidate] Gregoire le Jeune’s Platform Statement

Hello everyone,

I’m Gregoire le Jeune (gregoireljda on Twitter or gregoireljda on Linkedin).

I’m currently running Hito, a venture studio dedicated at building applications on Starknet (https://www.theblock.co/post/248227/argent-starknet-hito-studios).

Over the last couple of years, I’ve dedicated a large amount of my time and money to support founders around the industry. I currently am a board observer of a dozen startups in the industry and have been investing in startups in our space since early 2020.

As an operator, I started my journey in crypto in 2016, building a mining company. I had a short breakout moment in 2018 during which I led a French-speaking tech media and worked in a hardware-oriented fund.

In 2020, I joined a company dedicated to building derivatives on blockchain parameters, believing that these native instruments would be necessary for the growth of our industry.

I’ve subsequently joined a portfolio company, Atlendis as COO in order to staff the team and support them in their early days. This is where I met Sefton from Cicada Partners who encouraged me to advise to this BoD position.

In 2021, I cofounded a deep tech venture capital called Geometry (Alan Howard-Backed Cryptography Investor Geometry Emerges From Stealth).

After spending a year and a half there, the team took a deeper focus on zero knowledge and cryptography while I wanted to venture elsewhere and we parted ways.

After a short summer break, I jumped in as COO at Snapshot in order to support the company scale in the right direction for a year before moving back to an advisory role.

Having said that and looking at the current debates on Truefi’s forum, I want to highlight that my application should be considered only if we intend to leverage Truefi’s current architecture in order to continue a push in the direction of RWAs and Credit products.

As per my discussion with current members of the DAO, I would need to get my hands on concrete materials regarding a new type of infrastructure which would run new costs to the DAO with no certainty of success.

I also want to highlight that we are in 2024 and I would not take the legal risk of being on a BoD with people who won’t pass KYC/KYB. It feels obvious to me that after countless scams, it is recommended as a sanity check to KYC/KYB anyone joining a company but it is also a simple requirement if we want to be able to pass AML compliances.

I hope that this intro convinces you that I can help foster Truefi’s rebirth and future growth.

Best,
Greg

5 Likes