[Board Candidate] Romain Rechtman’s Platform Statement

Dear Community,

I am very thankful to be considered for a seat on the Board.
My background is a mix of traditional finance, fintech and crypto.
After post graduate studies in France, I started my career in Hong Kong marketing structured products for JPMorgan. I then joined Goldman Sachs to cover Hedge Funds. After 8 years in Hong Kong I continued my career in the US back at JPMorgan and then London, this time at HSBC, in a similar director position.

Overall my 15 years in banking made me realize how much the system needed an upgrade. I was always passionate about personal finance, securing economic freedom and modernizing traditional finance. This is when I stumbled into fintech first and crypto later and figured it was the way forward. I started a lending platform for community-driven private credit that tokenises assets into discrete tradable units. Later on I did the jump into Crypto by joining forces with ex Goldman colleagues in a Brevan Howard backed Structured Products venture on digital assets. I have been in the space ever since, either as a full time business development employee at a Crypto Market Maker or as a consultant for different crypto start-up projects, revolving mostly around investment products on digital assets.

I will bring to Truefi a mix of Product, Business Development and Sales skills.
My experience as a Sales / BD person across the globe in both Tradfi & Crypto should help get Truefi to the next level of development. My deep understanding of Real World Assets and Structured Products is a plus for the future of Truefi Vaults. My experience founding a lending platform shows my understanding of the core business. Through my 20 year career across Europe, Asia and the US, I’ve developed personal relationships with Funds, Family Office & Crypto Natives that could become valuable for the Foundation. I deeply believe in the value of Decentralization and I am looking forward to continuing innovating while being an active member of Truefi’s board.

4 Likes