[Board Candidate] Sebastien Davies's Platform Statement

TL;DR:

• Over Three Years in Digital Assets: Extensive experience in both traditional and decentralized finance, with a focus on innovative financial products and secure ecosystems.
  • VP, Research & Market Strategist at Aquanow: Played a key role in scaling operations, managing complexity, and delivering insights into the digital asset landscape.
  • Yield Fund Experience: Involved in launching a yield fund with a mix of over-collateralized crypto loans, trading strategies, and DeFi exposure.
  • Strategic Vision for TrueFi: Committed to enhancing transparency, fostering innovation, and bridging the gap between traditional finance and DeFi.
  • Passionate About Compliance & Governance: Aiming to help TrueFi navigate regulatory complexities while maintaining its innovative edge.
  • Connect with Me:

I am excited to submit my candidacy for a position on the TrueFi Foundation’s Board of Directors. With over three years of full-time experience in the digital asset space and a deep understanding of both traditional and decentralized financial systems, I believe I can make a significant contribution to the continued success and growth of TrueFi by providing strategic guidance and governance oversight. I plan to promote transparency and accountability across the DAO, ensuring that both stakeholders and service providers align with TrueFi’s mission and values.

In my current role as VP, Research & Market Strategist at Aquanow & AQN Digital, I have been responsible for researching the ever-evolving digital asset landscape, regularly sharing insights with key stakeholders and supporting venture investments. My work has also involved promoting the benefits of cryptocurrency enablement in financial services, distilling complex digital asset investment theses into accessible formats, and communicating these ideas to a broad audience of institutional investors. We recently launched a yield fund whose assets are mostly loans over-collateralized by crypto, but also with some trading strategies and DeFi exposure. This experience has not only provided me with a strong understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing platforms like TrueFi but has also reinforced my belief in the power of transparent and secure financial ecosystems. I am eager to bring this perspective to the Foundation.

As TrueFi continues to evolve, I see tremendous potential in developing innovative financial products that bridge the gap between traditional and decentralized finance. My background across these markets has taught me the importance of aligning product offerings with the needs of both crypto-native users and traditional financial institutions. By advocating for enhanced transparency and consistently clear communication, I believe we can build greater trust within the community and attract more institutional participants to the TrueFi ecosystem.

In addition to my experience in crypto and finance, I bring a strong analytical and strategic perspective to the table. My career has involved numerous instances where I’ve contributed to the development and execution of growth strategies, as well as supporting teams in managing complex projects. While the scaling up at Aquanow is the result of collective effort, my early involvement has given me a deep understanding of the strategies required to navigate growth and manage complexity in fast-paced, dynamic environments. Additionally, I have consistently kept abreast of and contributed insights on the evolving regulatory landscape surrounding digital assets.

I am passionate about fostering innovation within decentralized finance and am dedicated to helping TrueFi remain at the forefront of this evolving landscape. My vision for TrueFi is one where the platform not only drives forward with new ideas but also establishes itself as a benchmark for transparency, effective governance, and user trust in the DeFi space. I am committed to helping TrueFi navigate the complexities of regulatory compliance while maintaining its innovative edge, ensuring a sustainable and trustworthy ecosystem for all users.

The opportunity to bring my skills and experience to the TrueFi Foundation while contributing to its mission is exciting. I look forward to the possibility of working alongside the current Board members to help guide TrueFi toward a successful and innovative future.

5 Likes

Sebastian is a strong candidate. Very knowledgeable on the trading and research side of crypto.

6 Likes