Per my conversation with multiple members of the community I am creating a proposal for the re-creation of a Public TrueFi (TRU) Telegram group. This will be different and, exist concurrently, with the Discord group. In the past we’ve avoided doing so b/c we wanted to avoid negativity and confusion with the TrueUSD group but things are different now: We are now trading on Binance and have a strong community. The market is hot, now is the time. The features of this Telegram group include
*Will be a “Public” group essentially managed by the community and for the community about the TRU coin
*Will focus on the TRU coin’s investing / trading, and other general topics NOT on how to use the TrueFi lending platform, governance proposals or anything that is already discussed in Discord in great detail
*Management will NOT be an active member of this group. We do not want to distract them. Management will continue to be active in the Discord community that has evolved to generate significant activist-investor-generate ideas and governance proposals
*We recommend the hiring of a community manager who can clarify questions, ban users if needed, and implement community infrastructure such as automated messages
The reasons we, as the TRU stakeholders, want to create this community are that
- The Discord community is too small and Discord is used by a very small % of crypto investors (about 10 %) whereas Telegram is used by over 75% of crypto investors.
- There is no existing easily accessible, commonly-used medium through which TRU stakeholders can talk. This is limiting community involvement.
It is limiting:
a) the # of wallet-holders and # of stakeholders
b) our word-of-mouth growth of the TrueFi lending platform
c) word-of-mouth growth of the Total Value Locked in the various Pools
d) Buzz around the company and street about the company and TRU coin
e) Price action and Volume on the TRU coin
We have examined over 20 similar projects that were able to use their Telegram community to grow from a sub $.10 coin price to several dollars. These projects were able to speed up use of their platform, grow revenue, and receive major media coverage. It seems Telegram usage has matured in the past year to allow for this and is different than before. We believe that the creation of this group will also result in:
- Thousands more Twitter followers-something that will snowball and reduce the management time of marketing: allowing the company to use Twitter more effectively
- Many more TradingView write-ups resulting in more institutional buyers of the coin and also more Loan requests on the platform from institutional trading firms
- More media coverage from publications and research analysts such as Unchained, Messari research, and even some free influencer write-ups
As a last note, we would like to keep Discord as an actively-managed channel for high-level community and management involvement. We feel the addition of newbie investors/traders into Discord is distracting and overwhelms the channel with talk about price, trading, and simply, complaints which are distracting to mgmt. This causes it to appear as a negative environment and sends the wrong message to potential investors in TRU. A Telegram TRU community should not be heavily censored but, rather, allow price and trading talk, memes, and be fun and full of energy for the investing public.
- your support for this below, so that we can take this to a vote
- any specific suggestions for improving or altering this proposal.
- Please do not post comments that are irrelevant to this proposal